Blue Microphones Nessie Adaptive USB Microphone
Blue Microphones Nessie Adaptive USB Microphone
The Nessie adaptive USB mic from Blue Microphones dramatically simplifies recording. Just plug Nessie into the USB port of your Mac and it automatically adapts to whatever you’re recording, whether it's vocals, instruments, or voiceovers. The mic applies professional studio processing and includes a built-in pop filter and shockmount, so you can capture beautifully finished sound—without the need for additional mixing or editing.
Professionally enhances audio for polished music demos, podcasts, interviews, YouTube broadcasts and more
Adaptive processing automatically smoothes and refines audio in real time
Built-in studio-grade pop filter and shockmount reduce harsh plosives and disruptive rumblings and vibrations
Three flexible modes optimized for richer vocals, more detailed instruments, or an option for raw audio for manual post-production
Zero-latency headphone monitoring to eliminate distracting delay
Headphone volume and instant mute located on the mic
Single custom-tuned cardioid condenser capsule
Serpentine adjustable head for flexible positioning
Easy plug-and-play via USB with both Mac and PC
Did you notice?
Compatible with iPad when you use the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (sold separately).
Apple Recommends For
Instantly create polished music demos, podcasts, interviews, and much more on your Mac.
What’s in the Box?
Blue Microphones Nessie adaptive USB mic
Frequency Response: 15 Hz to 22 kHz
Impedance: 16 ohms
Input Type: USB
Power: 100 mW
Height: 10 in./25.4 cm (In stand, home position)
Length: 3.75 in./9.52 cm (In stand, home position)
Width: 3.75 in./9.52 cm (In stand, home position)
Weight: 1.4 lb./0.64 kg (In stand)
Requirements Operating System: Mac OS v10.4.11 or later, Windows 8/7/Vista/XP
RAM: 64 MB of RAM, 64 MB of RAM
Mfr. Part Number: 836213002025
UPC or EAN No.: 836213002025
Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
Warranty: Two-year limited
Answers from the community
oDoes it work with an iPhone 6 using the Lightning to USB adapter?
- Asked by Renard D from Raleigh
- on Jun 18, 2015
Can this be used with separate headphones like for Rosetta Stone?
- Asked by Wesley G from Mechanicsville
- on Dec 1, 2013
Yes, you can choose you mic-in and sound-out preferences in system preferences on mac.
- Written by Max M from toledo
- on May 28, 2015
Does it work well for singing vocals?
No answers yet
- Asked by George T from New Haven
- on Jul 6, 2013
does this mic work with the ipad?
- Asked by Cass D from Sheridan
- on Jun 18, 2013
Yes - see the product description: "Compatible with iPad when you use the Apple iPad Camera Connecti Yes - see the product description: "Compatible with iPad when you use the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (sold separately)." User the Camera Connection Kit adapter (30-pin or Lightning to USB) and plug in the Nessie to record on your iPad.
- Written by Jeff C from Kingston
- on Aug 26, 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
GarageBand turns your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. And now Live Loops makes it easy for anyone to have fun creating music like a DJ, by triggering loops and audio effects in real time. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play a piano, organ, guitar, and drums. They sound and play like their counterparts, but let you do things you could never do on a real instrument. Enjoy Smart Instruments that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug an electric guitar or bass into your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, a built-in microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance with support for up of 32 tracks. Audio Unit Extensions in iOS 9 allow you to play, record and edit third-party instrument Apps right into GarageBand. And share your song using email, Facebook, YouTube, SoundCloud, or AirDrop for iOS.
Live Loops. Make music like a DJ*
• Use Multi-Touch to tap and trigger any Live Loop cell or group of cells
• Start with a collection of Apple-designed templates like EDM, House and Hip Hop
• Customize a grid or build your own with a library of over 1,200 Apple Loops in a variety of popular genres
• Create your own loop by recording directly into a cell using any Touch Instrument, or live instruments like voice, or guitar
• Use Remix FX and Multi-Touch to perform DJ-style effects like filters, repeaters, and vinyl scratching
• Tap the record button and capture your Live Loop performance
Drummer for iOS
• Add a virtual session Drummer to your song who takes direction and plays realistic grooves
• Choose from 9 acoustic or electronic drummers
• Each Drummer provides their own signature sound and the ability to create a over a million realistic groove and fills
• Fine-tune the drum performance using simple controls that influence the groove and which drums are played
Play your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch like a musical instrument
• Play musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Record your voice using the built-in microphone and apply fun sound effects
• Recreate legendary guitar or bass rigs using virtual guitar and bass amps & stompboxes
• Use the Sampler to create new instruments from sounds you record
• Use 3D Touch to play keyboard sounds with polyphonic aftertouch****
• Play, record and edit performances from third-party music apps right into GarageBand using Audio Unit Extensions***
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Play an entire string orchestra with just one finger using Smart Strings
• Tap chords to instantly create keyboard grooves with the Smart Keyboard
• Strum or trigger autoplay patterns on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
Create a song anywhere you go
• Record, arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks** using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Automate the volume or fine-tune your mix using the Simple EQ, compressor, echo and reverb
• Record the movement of controls on a Touch Instrument
Share your songs
• Keep your songs up to date across all devices using iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs using email or Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud
• Export your song and add it to the iTunes library on your Mac or PC
* Live Loops is available on iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPad (4th generation), or later devices.
** 32 tracks is available on iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini 2, or later devices. Multi-track recording requires compatible third party audio interface.
*** Requires compatible third-party Audio Unit Extension instruments apps from the App Store.
**** Polyphonic aftertouch is available on iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus. …