G-Technology's G-DRIVE mobile USB 3.0 hard drive is easy to set up and carry anywhere for storing your most important documents, MP3s, digital video, and photo files. Inside its sleekly thin special-edition aluminum case is a high-performance 5400 RPM hard drive with impressive USB 3.0 connectivity. It's also bus powered, so there’s no need to carry an external AC power supply.
Note: The G-Tech G-DRIVE mobile USB 3.0 Hard Drive is not compatible with the Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter or USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter.
- High-speed USB 3.0 connectivity
- Thin, beveled aluminum case makes for easy portability
- 1TB storage handles videos, photos, documents, and music
- Bus-powered design eliminates the need for a separate power connection
- Plug-and-play Mac OS setup and easily reformatted for Windows
- Time Machine compatible
Did you notice?Delivers speedy performance along with USB 3.0 connectivity.
Apple Recommends ForHandy, bus-powered storage for taking along your essential files wherever you go.
What's in the Box?
- G-Technology G-DRIVE mobile USB hard drive
- USB 3.0 cable (compatible with USB 2.0)
- Quick start guide
- Other Features: Time Machine compatible
- Connections: USB 3.0
- Height: 0.51 in./1.3 cm
- Width: 5.08 in./12.9 cm
- Weight: 6.24 oz./176.91 g
- Length: 3.23 in./8.2 cm
- Mac OS X v10.6 or later
- Windows 8/7/Vista
- Mfr. Part Number: 0G03234
- UPC or EAN No.: 705487194425
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Three-year limited
Ratings & Reviews
Such a great hard drive!
I sell a lot of hard drives and this by far is my favorite external hard drive. it works great as a backup hard drive. It's design I sell a lot of hard drives and this by far is my favorite external hard drive. it works great as a backup hard drive. It's design compliments Apple's beautiful computers very well.
I'm a Apple Certified Macintosh Technician and I've never seen a G-Tech hard drive fail.
Buy this hard drive and backup your data. …
- Written by Phil O from Albuquerque
751 of 771 people found this useful
Had it a month now and it's fast always worked and for the price well worth it also has password protection and it's very very sma Had it a month now and it's fast always worked and for the price well worth it also has password protection and it's very very small and sleek n sexy …
- Written by Michael G from Edmonton
407 of 439 people found this useful
It looks nice next to my Mac and it downloads really fast. I'm happy with it.
- Written by Santiago R from Arleta
311 of 344 people found this useful
Great Portable Drive
I picked up this drive whilst at one of the Apple Stores in NYC, fully on the recommendation of one of the salespersons there. I'd I picked up this drive whilst at one of the Apple Stores in NYC, fully on the recommendation of one of the salespersons there. I'd just gotten and MBP w/512GB flash drive, and needed portable space to accommodate my iTunes library, as well as my Photos library. This drive is just great! Really fast, easy to connect, and the finish of it is just great. It was a great purchase. Really happy with it, and highly recommend it. …
- Written by Juan A from Guatemala
terrible, unreliable product
The 750 GB version does not allow me to backup photos or music; have not had this drive very long and it's already kaput.
- Written by Jon O from Berlin
Best external I've tried- lightweight, fast, not (too) expensive and has saved me not once, but twice in regards to transferring Best external I've tried- lightweight, fast, not (too) expensive and has saved me not once, but twice in regards to transferring all my information to a wiped hard drive. All I can say is, I hope I don't have to replace it anytime soon...but when I do...I'll be buying the exact same one. …
- Written by Emma C from Toronto
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
listing says "Time Machine Compatible." Will my mac back up data to Time Capsule from this external drive? Old one didn't do that.
- Asked by Sarah Ann S from Hope
- Jul 11, 2015
Can you connect to it over wifi
- Asked by Lorcan J
- Jun 29, 2015
No. It doesn't have WiFi built in, but if you connect it to a wifi router like the Apple Airport Ext No. It doesn't have WiFi built in, but if you connect it to a wifi router like the Apple Airport Extreme that would make it available on your network. Not all routers can do it, so check yours supports drive sharing if it's not an Airport Extreme. You could also attach it to a computer and share it to the network from there. …
- Answered by Jenna F from Newtown
- Jul 16, 2015
is that work with samsung television as well? like if i put movies in hard drive.
- Asked by Navjot S
- Jul 29, 2015
I have a 2008 Map Book Pro 10.5.8 have Snow Leopard but it won't load not enough space. What can I do? Should I purchase a G-Tech 1TB G-DRIVE, 2TB?
- Asked by Donald P from Saint Clair Shores
- Mar 26, 2015
Can this be used as just a drag and drop drive -- no automatic Time Machine style backing up?
- Asked by Casey L from New Orleans
- May 16, 2015
Absolutely. All portable hard drives can be used in this way.
- Answered by Charles N from Portland
- May 26, 2015
Compatible with MacBook Air OS X Yosemite 10.10.1?
- Asked by Kathleen H from Strong
- Feb 17, 2015