The PUC wireless MIDI interface allows you to connect your favorite MIDI gear wirelessly to your iPad, iPhone, and Mac. Keyboards, drum pads, floor pedal controllers, mixer surfaces, even a digital home piano can now easily interface with your iPad and iPhone apps and Mac software over Wi-Fi when connected to the PUC.
Because the PUC elegantly and wirelessly connects musical tactile controllers to iOS and OS X devices, you can play GarageBand instruments with musical dynamic control from the MIDI controller your hands are already familiar with. Your iPhone can now become another piece of your music rig, too—since the PUC connects over the air there’s no potential for “unsupported device” alerts.
- Play your iOS apps with musical touch-sensitive control
- Connect your MIDI controller wirelessly to your iPad, iPhone, and Mac
- Easy operation with the PUC Connect app and the ZFi MIDI Driver for Mac
- Powered by two AA batteries or the USB micro connector
- Works with any CoreMIDI compatible app on iOS or Mac including GarageBand, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live, and ProTools
- Five-pin MIDI input
- LED WiFi status indicator
- MIDI cable included
- Designed in Minneapolis, made in the USA
Did you notice?You iPad or iPhone becomes a serious musical composition, recording, and performance tool with your favorite MIDI controllers.
Apple Recommends ForUsing your CoreMIDI compatible iOS or Mac apps without the hassle of wires and adapters.
What's in the Box?
- PUC Wireless MIDI Interface
- MIDI cable
- Two AA batteries
- Quick start guide
- Software download and installation instructions
- Input Type: MIDI
- Height: 1.2 in./3.05 cm
- Width: 3 in./7.62 cm
- Weight: 3 oz./85.05 g
- Length: 3 in./7.62 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: PUC141100
- UPC or EAN No.: 863298000004
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: 180 days
The PUC is a wireless MIDI interface designed specifically for iOS devices. PUC Connect is the app designed to establish your iPad/iPhone connection to the PUC hardware. PUC Connect also monitors your PUC hardware for battery status, firmware updates, and connection protocol selection.
If you have a MIDI keyboard controller, home digital piano, synthesizer, or computer controller, connect it to the PUC and play your musical instrument apps from your favorite MIDI controllers. The PUC allows you to wirelessly connect an iPad, iPhone or Mac to a variety of MIDI compatible devices such as a keyboard, DJ controller, drum pad, floor pedal controller, and more. The PUC can also work with other platforms that support MIDI connections over WiFi.
The PUC communicates directly to the iPad via WiFi, no "host" WiFi network is necessary. Once your legacy MIDI signals are translated into CoreMIDI by the PUC, any CoreMIDI compatible app can recognize it.
You have an iPad loaded with amazing synthesizer & music creation apps, but connecting your controller creates a tangled mess and no longer makes you mobile. The PUC and the PUC Connect app makes MIDI connectivity easy so you can get on with your business – making music. PUC also connects to your Mac for wireless CoreMIDI control. …
Ratings & Reviews
The PUC gives life to my old synths and keyboards
I collect old synths and keyboards and have been looking for something to connect them to all of the new music apps available on i I collect old synths and keyboards and have been looking for something to connect them to all of the new music apps available on iPhone / iPad. With the PUC I can now send midi from my iPhone, iPad or MAC wirelessly to any keyboard or synth and use the in board audio to record with. OR I can go the opposite way sending MIDI from my synths wirelessly into my iPhone, or iPad apps and also DAW's in MAC. Very useful with my band and studio. I would recommend the PUC to keyboard players, song writers and producers who can utilize these innovative features to their musical advantage. …
- Written by Jarod H from minneapolis
8 of 8 people found this useful
I realy want to give it 5 stars but .....
It worked with my Macbook Air but on the 3 iOS devices I have, without any music or other apps open, I can hear a piano. This pia It worked with my Macbook Air but on the 3 iOS devices I have, without any music or other apps open, I can hear a piano. This piano conflicts with other instruments in my music apps. I did find a setting in the PUC control settings to switch the Midi piano off but it still is heard. I can not notice latency on either the Mac or IOS device but I am waiting for tech support to get back to me on the Midi Piano issue. I would give it 5 stars for the Mac but one star for IOS. Only had it for 2 days and tech support is not getting back to me (email only). …
- Written by Michael H from Baltimore
8 of 12 people found this useful