can I charge my macbook through the USB?
- Asked by Ed O from Normandy Park
- Flag as inappropriate (can I charge my macbook through the USB?)
Apple 60W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter
2 Answers from the Community
No. MacBooks and other laptops can't be charged by USB because USB ports can't handle the amount of wattage it takes to charge a battery of that size. The iPhone, for example, only requires a minimum of 5W to charge, while MacBook chargers start at 60W.
- Answered by Douglas C from Bloomfield
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
no you have to use the power adapter
- Answered by Ian Q from Townsend
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can i connect the new macbook with USB C to an iMac with Retina 5K display
- Asked by James M from Portola Valley
- Apr 6, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i connect the new macbook with USB C to an iMac with Retina 5K display)