I am running 10.6.8. I am trying to upgrade to Lion, but all I get is "waiting" - no download. What's wrong?
Unable to download Lion
- Asked by Hazel B from Washoe Valley
- Flag as inappropriate (I am running 10.6.8. I am trying to upgrade to Lion, but all I get is "waiting" - no download. What's wrong?)
- Asked about: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
2 Answers from the Community
Not sure what is going on.
Does your Mac meet the minimum system requirements for Lion?
Are you sure you are downloading Lion and not Mountain Lion?
NB: To my knowledge, Lion is now only available by calling Apple support. The current OS X release available for download from the App Store is Mountain Lion. Mountain Lion will not work on most Macs made prior to mid-2008.
In the USA, to get Lion call Apple Sales Support at 1-800-692-7753. For the automated call routing system say "Sales" at the first prompt (for department desired), "Lion" at the second prompt (for what you are calling about) and "Personal" at the third prompt (personal, business or education). That should connect you to the right person.
For those outside the USA, get Apple Support Contact Information for your country at:
supportDOTappleDOTcom/kb/HE57 (replace each occurrence of "DOT" with ".")
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I have an early 2008 Imac, and had been running for years on snow leopard. I bought Lion Jan 12 of this year , you must purchase it and download from Apple. It has been working fine. I did have to call the support number to have help completing the download. If you have not yet tried this, do it now!
- Answered by Dorothy H from Cambridge
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can I upgrade my 10.6.8 to lion?
- Asked by Kelly B from Salt Lake City
- Apr 22, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I upgrade my 10.6.8 to lion?)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)
Upgrade from 10.6.8 to something other than Yosemite?
- Asked by Barbara M from Bronx
- Jan 1, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Upgrade from 10.6.8 to something other than Yosemite?)