Does the keyboard have to be turned on in order for it to charge? And what do the charge icons mean that are next to the on/off switch? Thanks
2 Answers from the Community
The keyboard will charge when the switch is turned off. I turn it off and stick it in a window when I'm not using it for extended periods of time. (I work in the basement and the lights in my office are not enough to keep it charged, although I have no issue getting through a work week.)
The lights next to the switch seem to reflect a combination of total charge level and the amount of light the keyboard is receiving.
- Answered by Scott M from Colorado Springs
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I never turn the keyboard off. It recharges itself even with a small amount of ambient light.
Sorry, I am not at home with the keyboard right now so I don't know anything about the icons.
- Answered by Joan B from Hamden
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
How can I order MacBook Pro in Australia with Thai keyboard layout?
- Asked by Khanit P from Haymarket
- May 17, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I order MacBook Pro in Australia with Thai keyboard layout?)
- Asked about: Mac
If the watch is turned off will it automatically turn on when placed on the charging dock?
- Asked by Sandra M from St Louis
- Dec 17, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (If the watch is turned off will it automatically turn on when placed on the charging dock?)
- Asked about: Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock