is it plugging to regular power but controlled by iPhone or it has its own supply of power
BR30 plugs to regular house socket or it also has its own socket independent from the house existing power layout.
- Asked by Parviz (peter) F from Orono
- Flag as inappropriate (is it plugging to regular power but controlled by iPhone or it has its own supply of power)
2 Answers from the Community
The BR30 bulbs work with a regular house socket. You can replace your existing incandescent bulbs with these. To alter the color, brightness, or enable any of the bulb special effects, you can use one of the apps on the App Store. For example, the "Hue Lights" app has a "Colorloop" effect that can make all of your Hue lights gradually shift through their supported colors.
- Answered by Cour Du V from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The light bulb gets its power from the lamp, or wall socket you plug it into. The communication from your iPhone or iPad is controlled by the base station which utilizes your homes wifi. (You need a wireless wifi connection in your home fir it to work)
- Answered by Erin H from Tigard
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does this plug into a regular power socket?
- Asked by Soumik S from Toronto
- Aug 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this plug into a regular power socket?)
- Asked about: Philips Friends of Hue LightStrips
Can you use your regular Apple usb lead with this product or does it require its own specific lead ?
- Asked by Jasmin B from Engadine
- May 10, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use your regular Apple usb lead with this product or does it require its own specific lead ?)
- Asked about: mophie Juice Pack Powerstation XL E…