Store data from windows and mac on same device?
- Asked by Verne W from Valley Springs
- Flag as inappropriate (Store data from windows and mac on same device?)
3 Answers from the Community
Yes you can do that but you must partition the drive to support both formats. The program disk utility is built into every Mac Computer and can make this happen for you. If you would like to learn more about the process visit your local Apple Store and make a Genius Bar Appointment.
- Answered by Brendan C from Brockton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It sure can! Go to disk utilities by clicking in finder Go then selecting Utilities. Once disk utilities is open click the G-Drive in the column on the left and select partition in the main window. Select 1 partition from the drop down and give it a name then select FAT32 or exFAT, what it says depends on your OS. After all is set you're ready to hit apply.
Remember this process does erase anything that's on the drive so make sure you're prepared for that before you start the process.
- Answered by Eric Y from Oklahoma City
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Yes, you can store and open data for both windows and Mac format on the same device. It's just like plugging in a flash drive, as long as you have an application that can open the file, you're all set.
- Answered by Sanjay S from Burke
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can this device be used to transfer data between mac and windows? I use a Mac at home and windows at work.
- Asked by Jacqueline R from Maudsland
- Nov 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this device be used to transfer data between mac and windows? I use a Mac at home and windows at work.)
- Asked about: LaCie 32GB RuggedKey USB 3.0 Flash …
Can this cable transfer data from a windows PC to Mac?
- Asked by Jessica J from Adelaide
- Jul 17, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this cable transfer data from a windows PC to Mac?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2.0 m) - W…
How can I store game data on iCloud?
- Asked by Roxanne F from Los Angeles
- Jul 30, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I store game data on iCloud?)
- Asked about: iPad
No answers yet