My IPad doesn't have 3G or 4G. Do I need this in order to connect it to a wireless, bluetooth keyboard? I know bluetooth and wifi are different.
3 Answers from the Community
No every ipad has bluetooth which the keyboard uses to connect
Hope this helps
- Answered by Mackenzie W
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
no you don't need 3G or 4G to connect a bluetooth device to your iPad .
wifi, 3G/4G and bluetooth are 3 different technologies .
3G/4G are for internet connection only (provided by your carrier)
wifi is also for internet connection and/or home sharing
bluetooth is for (local) connection with other devices
this keyboard will connect with the bluetooth connection to your ipad with or without connecting to wifi / 3G .
just one thing you need to remember is that this keyboard is also designed to work with a mac , so there is some features made for mac only that won't work with your iPad as described in the tech specs
i hope this can help you
- Answered by Jordane T
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
No, Every iPhone, iPad and Mac made today come with Bluetooth built in. You'll be just fine with this keyboard.
- Answered by James P
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Am I able to connect an Airport Time Capsule to my Telstra wireless broadband? Do I need a USB to ethernet adaptor?
- Asked by Christopher H from Golden Bay
- Mar 4, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Am I able to connect an Airport Time Capsule to my Telstra wireless broadband? Do I need a USB to ethernet adaptor?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
How does the wireless keyboard work with the Ipad Air? I understand about the bluetooth, but does this keyboard work off of wi-fi as well?
- Asked by Kurt J
- Dec 15, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (How does the wireless keyboard work with the Ipad Air? I understand about the bluetooth, but does this keyboard work off of wi-fi as well?)
- Asked about: iPad