Before I install my Snow Leopard upgrade, what will happen to all my software, documents, photos and other files?
- Asked by Robin L Z from Laguna Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (Before I install my Snow Leopard upgrade, what will happen to all my software, documents, photos and other files?)
1 Answer from the Community
They will stay where they are. Unless you go out of your way, the installation of Snow Leopard will upgrade around all your stuff. The exception is if it finds software on your Mac that it knows will not work under 10.6... in which case it's moved into a folder called 'Incompatible Software' so you can go looking for updates.
To be on the safe side, however, the last thing you should do before beginning the installation is to make sure your backup is up to date (Time Machine is great!)
One more thing - Snow Leopard requires less disk space than 10.5, so when you're done and you notice you have reclaimed some room on your hard drive, don't worry. It's the bits from the old OS that have been removed.
- Answered by Douglas G from Baltimore
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
how do I install superdrive on an imac
- Asked by Bradley A from Ocean Springs
- Mar 31, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (how do I install superdrive on an imac)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
can i use a air port to share files from a windows to a mac
- Asked by Bradley S
- Oct 18, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use a air port to share files from a windows to a mac)
- Asked about: AirPort Express