Similar questions from the community
How can I set up a password on the Airport Express, to make it private/secure connection? I have a Acer lap top, I don't have any other Apple product.
- Asked by Ricardo S from Chicago
- Mar 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I set up a password on the Airport Express, to make it private/secure connection? I have a Acer lap top, I don't have any other Apple product.)
How do I set it up without using a stereo which I don't have
I have an Airport express - can't figure out how to get it going??? It was suggested I use a RCA plug to my stereo - I don't have a stereo
- Asked by Anne C from Dayton
- Oct 21, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I set it up without using a stereo which I don't have)
Setup 2010 airport express - how to
I have a new modem router combination and now find that my 2010 Airport express does not connect ....how to I set it up again?
- Asked by Hugh M from Bardon
- Dec 8, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Setup 2010 airport express - how to)
No answers yet
how do i set up as bridge to printer
need to use airport express bridge mode to printer (will use ethernet cable to connect printer to airport express) in existing airport extreme network.
Where are instructions to set this up?
- Asked by Paul S from Buffalo
- Dec 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (how do i set up as bridge to printer)
What is the apple airport express
I really would like to know what u have to do to set up create a new wireless thing
- Asked by Julian C from Las Vegas
- Nov 9, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the apple airport express)
No answers yet
Can I use the AirPort Express to connect to my existing wireless and then make my printer and music play wirelessly?
I already have a wireless router, and wired printer. I want to extend my wireless range, and I also want to be able to turn my wired printer into a wireless one, along with my wired speakers into wireless speakers. Is this possible?
- Asked by Xavier S from Washington
- Oct 22, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the AirPort Express to connect to my existing wireless and then make my printer and music play wirelessly?)
Does airport express have digital input?
Does the airport express have a digital input as well as analogue input? I want to connect to my digital surround sound system with optical cable, is this possible with airport express or will i need to buy apple tv unit? Cheers guys
- Asked by James D
- Jun 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does airport express have digital input?)
Can apple tv connect to AirPort Express Base Station ?
it does not show on the description. therefore, i am wondering if it works.
- Asked by Wilson L from Plainsboro
- Aug 6, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can apple tv connect to AirPort Express Base Station ?)
what is the telephone number top order an airport express?
- Asked by Jane E from Santa Barbara
- May 25, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the telephone number top order an airport express?)
I don't have an Internet connection but just want to create a local wireless network with airport express Apple TV and my mac book pro. Can I?
I am on a yacht hence the question. I just want to stream from mac book pro to Apple TV?
Do I need a fast internet connection if I plan to use AirPort Express only to stream music from my iOS device to AirPort Express-connected speakers?
What I'm trying to set up is this: I have a primary router in one room, and then I'll have AirPort Express in another room. The AirPort Express will have speakers attached to it. I also plan to move AirPort Express around the house for the times I want to take music to another room. My iOS devices and my AirPort Express will always be in the same room.
My concern is: if I stream music from my iOS device to my AirPort Express speakers, will the music have to be streamed first to my primary router in the other room before being relayed back to AirPort Express? Or will my iOS device have a direct connection? The reason I'm wondering this is that I've noticed that with iTunes wifi sync, I'm actually required to be online, even if my Mac and iOS device are in the same room. I believe that's the same for the iOS remote app as well. So it seems that I have to go through the cloud first anytime my iOS and Mac communicate wirelessly with each other. My concern now is, is that going to be required for streaming music to the AirPort Express that is just a few feet away from me? Because I hope not. I have thick walls in my house and my AirPort Express will probably at times be far from the main router. Additionally, I only have a 1 mbps connection (there are no faster connections in my area). So if I have to go through the cloud first before being able to stream music, there could be significant skipping.
is there audio quality difference between the airport extreme and Apple TV
I want to bring the iTunes library to my stereo, and googling on this there were a number of posts that suggested that Airport Extreme had better decoding for CD quality audio then did the AppleTV. All the iTunes files are of course digital, and I am intending to use the optical output of either the Airport Express or AppleTV.
To really hear a difference I would need to do an A/B test of one against the other - which I do not intend to do, but I do have a very high end system so when things are not as they should be there is no hiding it.
I don't need the AppleTV right now for the theater setting - so video streaming ability would be on hold there, for now but likely added sometime in the next year or so.
It's really a matter of which device is going to be better for delivering the iTunes music library to the stereo system. Why there would be a different between the Airport Extreme and the AppleTV is not clear to me. The limiting source would seem to be the bit rate of the files in iTunes - but perhaps I am missing something. Perhaps there is a difference in DA converters - though that too would seem strange, but with the use of the Digital Optical Out I would think that there should be no difference.
But certainly better to know about it before I buy the device and get it set up - appreciate any thoughts and suggestions.
- Asked by Dan R from Superior
- Jul 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (is there audio quality difference between the airport extreme and Apple TV)
Is Airport express can connect with NBN?
- Asked by Ariel L from Kensington
- Oct 20, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Is Airport express can connect with NBN?)
No answers yet
Can my Xbox connect to the airport express
- Asked by Stephen B from Bakersfield
- Aug 21, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can my Xbox connect to the airport express)
No answers yet
connect airport express to chromecast
I have seen the answer which is yes, how do you do it
- Asked by Aris D from Baltimore
- Jun 27, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (connect airport express to chromecast)
No answers yet
can you use a separate password for guest network
meaning, i want to enable my guest on Airport express, can I use a different password for that?
- Asked by Linda G from Eau Claire
- Jan 25, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can you use a separate password for guest network)
I recently bought a Western Digital My Book Live Personal Cloud Storage with ethernet connectivity. Will this work with Apple Airport Express?
WD My book Live with Airport Express
- Asked by Rolly M from Las Pinas
- Sep 5, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (I recently bought a Western Digital My Book Live Personal Cloud Storage with ethernet connectivity. Will this work with Apple Airport Express?)
If I have a router do I need Airport Express to go wireless?
I'm moving, and will be getting a Comcast modem/router combo for cable and internet. Can my Mac be set up wi-fi without connecting it to an ethernet cable?
- Asked by Denise W from Roseville
- Aug 25, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (If I have a router do I need Airport Express to go wireless?)
How many Xbox 360's can I connect to my airport express?
I recently purchased another 360 and cannot get it to work with my airport express unless I plug into it directly. My first 360 connects with no issue wirelessly. My ISP told me that my express may not be able to handle more than one 360 with the wifi. Is this just them pushing responsibility on to Apple or is there something I'm missing? If I cannot connect more than one wirelessly, then will a time capsule or extreme do the trick?
Thank you everyone for your assistance.
- Asked by Jeffery K from Roy
- Feb 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (How many Xbox 360's can I connect to my airport express?)