Similar questions from the community
connect with airplay or airport express (6) speakers connected by wires to a remote location. all speakers are ceiling mounted housed in 6 small room
WIll this work when I connect to a MacBook Air? or will I still need a seperate receiver. I'm starting a small business quickly, and my space is small, 1,200 sq ft. Spa setting, where music should sound crisp without crackling when we play classical and such. What should I do?
- Asked by Pauliina G from Salt Lake City
- Mar 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (connect with airplay or airport express (6) speakers connected by wires to a remote location. all speakers are ceiling mounted housed in 6 small room)
Do I need a fast internet connection if I plan to use AirPort Express only to stream music from my iOS device to AirPort Express-connected speakers?
What I'm trying to set up is this: I have a primary router in one room, and then I'll have AirPort Express in another room. The AirPort Express will have speakers attached to it. I also plan to move AirPort Express around the house for the times I want to take music to another room. My iOS devices and my AirPort Express will always be in the same room.
My concern is: if I stream music from my iOS device to my AirPort Express speakers, will the music have to be streamed first to my primary router in the other room before being relayed back to AirPort Express? Or will my iOS device have a direct connection? The reason I'm wondering this is that I've noticed that with iTunes wifi sync, I'm actually required to be online, even if my Mac and iOS device are in the same room. I believe that's the same for the iOS remote app as well. So it seems that I have to go through the cloud first anytime my iOS and Mac communicate wirelessly with each other. My concern now is, is that going to be required for streaming music to the AirPort Express that is just a few feet away from me? Because I hope not. I have thick walls in my house and my AirPort Express will probably at times be far from the main router. Additionally, I only have a 1 mbps connection (there are no faster connections in my area). So if I have to go through the cloud first before being able to stream music, there could be significant skipping.
If I plug in my speakers (amp to old school speaker) to the jack can I airplay audio to Airport from Mac and iPhone and have it play through them?
Basically I have a small set up in my room of an old sony amp and goodmans speakers, the amp has rca connections on the back so I do a simple 3/4" jack to rca and plug it into my iPhone or Mac and it works fine. What I want to be able to do is to play audio, via airplay i'm assuming, to the AirPort Express, have it output through the jack socket on the rear and play though my setup as it would as usual.
Hope this makes sense.
Movies with airplay
If I were to connect stereo speakers to my airport express and use apple tv and watch a movie or youtube etc...would they work fine together. basically using the airplay as my speaker setup?
- Asked by Jonathan M from Wexford
- Apr 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Movies with airplay)
No answers yet
No internet, rural area. does the airport ex allow me to play music over the airports wifi network to speakers?
My wife and I live in a very rural area without internet. We have a mobile share plan (with tethering) for out Iphone 4s'. I want to setup a wireless speaker network to play my itunes music around the house. Will the airport express allow this?
If I understand correctly, I will need to purchase multiple airport expresses. Let's say, 4 total, 1 for each room I want speakers in and one connected to my PC with my Itunes library? I connect each airport to a set of speakers in said rooms and I can control the itunes library from my iphone via an app from anywhere in the house, and it's all completed wireless save the connections from airport ex to speakers and pc.
please help me make sure this is clear before I go and spend $400 bucks on these pups.
- Asked by Susan M from Monroe
- Jan 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (No internet, rural area. does the airport ex allow me to play music over the airports wifi network to speakers?)
Will Bowers & Wilkins MM1 speakers run off airport express?
I am looking to set up airplay to my MM1 speakers using the USB connection to the airport express, is this feasible?
- Asked by Adrian B
- Nov 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will Bowers & Wilkins MM1 speakers run off airport express?)
Existing wifi network - connection to speakers and sky boy
I have a wifi network in my house, powered by a wireless router next to my telephone socket.
In a totally different room, I have some ipod speakers and a sky box next to each other. The existing wifi signal is strong here.
What I want to do is:
1) Play music from iPhone iTunes over wifi to the existing speakers and
2) Connect my sky box to the internet via its Ethernet port.
Can I do this using a AirPort Express Base Station?
- Asked by William J
- Jun 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Existing wifi network - connection to speakers and sky boy)
Will the Airport Express amplify my speakers?
I have in wall/ceiling speakers in my home. If I hook up the Airport will the Airport express amplify them when I stream music from my ipod or iphone? If not, what would you suggest?
- Asked by Kris S from Chubbuck
- Aug 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Airport Express amplify my speakers?)
No answers yet
Can I extend a network with CAT5 and AirPort Express?
I have an AirPort Time Capsule and an AirPort Express - and a really odd house. There is a bonus room above the garage that is not line-of-sight with anywhere that I can place the TC, so I can't get WiFi up there. I DO have CAT5 run to all rooms of the house and can make the connection from living room to bonus room through those wires. Am I able to go from a LAN port on the TC and connect that to the WAN port on the Express and use that to extend the network?
- Asked by Adam R from Mifflin
- Dec 31, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I extend a network with CAT5 and AirPort Express?)
Can I use Express as router connected to modem & Time Capsule as a way to extend wifi signal?
Here's my dilemma: My modem, AirPort Express, and speakers are in my living room. The speakers are plugged into AirPort Express so I can play my music from any device. At the other end of the house is my study where I'd like to place the Time Capsule so that I can backup my laptop and so that I can extend the wifi signal in my house. Is that possible? And even if it is, am I wasting the Time Capsule's router capabilities by using the Express as the router and the Time Capsule as a means to extend signal?
And why on earth is Express the only router capable of connecting to speakers??
- Asked by Raul C from San Francisco
- Oct 20, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use Express as router connected to modem & Time Capsule as a way to extend wifi signal?)
Can I use the USB Port on the back of my Airport Express for audio?
I want to connect my Bose Speaker system that I purchased for my computer. I want to be able to use my laptop anywhere in the room without being tired to my desk where the speakers are. What are my options? Thanks
- Asked by Jeremy G from Los Angles
- Jun 14, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the USB Port on the back of my Airport Express for audio?)
Can I use the AirPort Express to connect to my existing wireless and then make my printer and music play wirelessly?
I already have a wireless router, and wired printer. I want to extend my wireless range, and I also want to be able to turn my wired printer into a wireless one, along with my wired speakers into wireless speakers. Is this possible?
- Asked by Xavier S from Washington
- Oct 22, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the AirPort Express to connect to my existing wireless and then make my printer and music play wirelessly?)
I had created a network with my airport extreme in one of the rooms in my house, but i want to have wifi signal in all my home.
I want to know if i can extend the wifi signal of that airport extreme with another airport extreme but instead of connecting it wirelessly can i connect it via ethernet?
- Asked by Pablo P from New York
- Jun 29, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (I had created a network with my airport extreme in one of the rooms in my house, but i want to have wifi signal in all my home.)
Can i connect my router that i have now to the airport express in a different level of my house?
I want to use the airport express as a router for my room, so i can connect my computer and playstation to the internet. If i buy the airport express, can I have it so that it recieves the signal from a belkin router downstairs and will give me internet upstairs? I know it sounds silly because wifi works in the whole house, but i need to be able to hardwire the playstation.
- Asked by David W from Cary
- Jul 15, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i connect my router that i have now to the airport express in a different level of my house?)
Do I need an AirPlay enabled MacBook to use the AirPlay function in the AirPort Express?
I have a late 2008 unibody MacBook which does not support airplay. I would like to stream music from iTunes to an AirPlay enabled speaker system. Could I use AirPort express to do this?
- Asked by Neil A
- Feb 20, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need an AirPlay enabled MacBook to use the AirPlay function in the AirPort Express?)
can i send video to apple tv and audio to airport express?
I'm using airplay to play a video to a projector but the audio is located elsewhere, so is it possible to send the video to the projector via apple tv and then the audio to an airport express to come out some PA speakers?
- Asked by Matthew T
- Feb 24, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can i send video to apple tv and audio to airport express?)
can the airport express be located in a greenhouse (humid)?
My wireless signal does not reach the greenhouse, but I have a LAN connection in the greenhouse. I would like to place a Airport Express in this building to have wireless. Can the unit take the humid conditions?
- Asked by Dan D from Sudbury
- Mar 3, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can the airport express be located in a greenhouse (humid)?)