can you connect a lightning 30 pin adapter to the lightning vga adapter to give video output, analog audio and ipod control (from old system)
1 Answer from the Community
I tried this by connecting the 30 pin adaptor to the lightning VGA adaptor, then connecting the video feed to the video in of a TechnoGym treadmill and the 30 pin cable into the designated dock on the machine. The video worked fine and the phone receives charge (from the 30 pin cable). However the gym equipment did not recognise it as a compatible device and would not allow media control or Nike Plus functions. These do work when the 30 pin adaptor is used by itself. It appears the lightning socket on this product does not pass through much more than power (if anything).
- Answered by Ashley A from Evesham
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is there an adapter to allow video output from lightning to 30 pin adapter?
- Asked by Bobbie B from Murrysville
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there an adapter to allow video output from lightning to 30 pin adapter?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter