Apogee HypeMiC Microphone
Apogee's HypeMiC microphone features studio-quality analog compression that’s easy to use and brings magic to your vocals, voice-overs, instruments, percussion, and podcasts—anything you record. With HypeMiC and your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, you can make amazing recordings on the go.
Vocals and music
HypeMiC’s unique analog compression enhances vocals like no other microphone. The three compression settings available in HypeMiC give you a truly balanced and “mixed” recording, reducing the need for extensive processing and mixing. Capturing your perfect take has never been easier.
HypeMiC brings a new level of smoothness and warmth to acoustic instrument recording. Varying compression levels allow you to capture the fullest tone of your instrument without compromise. Built for high SPL levels, HypeMiC provides greater clarity and detail when recording loud acoustic instruments from drums to horns to choirs.
Voice/audio for video
Ideal for live streaming, podcasts, broadcasts, and voiceovers, HypeMiC balances audio dynamics for greater clarity resulting in better "broadcast ready" recordings. HypeMiC is compatible with any Mac or PC and iOS app that allows you to select an audio device, so you’re never without a pro studio when you're on the go.
HypeMiC analog output helps you introduce new sounds to your recordings and mixes. You can send audio out of the HypeMiC stereo output into a mixer, audio interface, and stand-alone recorder to capture the unique and bold sound of HypeMiC’s compression settings.
Studio-quality analog compressor with three easy presets
Professional cardioid condenser microphone capsule
PureDIGITAL connection for pristine sound quality up to 24-bit/96kHz
46dB of mic preamp gain, digital controlled for greater precision
Powerful headphone output with Blend feature for zero-latency recording
Premium accessories kit includes tripod, pop filter, and travel case
No configuration required, just plug in and use with any audio app
Works with iPhone, iPad, Mac, and PC
What’s in the Box
Apogee HypeMiC Microphone
Lightning cable for iOS devices
Premium desktop tripod stand
Microphone stand adapter
Height: 4.88 in./12.4 cm
Width: 1.5 in./3.81 cm
Depth: 1.5 in./3.81 cm
Weight: 7.2 oz./204 g
Operating System: iOS 9 or later; OS X 10.9 or later
UPC or EAN No.: 805676302171
Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service. The documentation and packaging for this product is in English.
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad (7th generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (1st generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation)
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st generation)
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Air (1st generation)
- iPad (6th generation)
- iPad (5th generation)
- iPad mini 4
- iPad mini 3
- iPad mini 2
- iPad mini (1st generation)
- MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018 - 2019)
- MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015 - 2017)
- MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2015)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016 - 2019)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016 and later)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012 - 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2012 - 2015)
- MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015 - 2017)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019 and later)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019 and later)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014 - 2015)
- iMac Pro (2017 and later)
- Mac Pro (Late 2013)
- Mac mini (2018 and later)
- Mac mini (Late 2014)
- iPod touch (7th generation)
- iPod touch (6th generation)
Answers from the community
Can this mic be used for video calls through Skype, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, etc. on an iPhone or iPad?
- Asked by Anabel T from West Palm Beach
- on 26-Apr-2020
Can you connect two of these microphones to the iPad Pro for a duo podcast episode recording?
- Asked by Taylor B from Agawam
- on 28-Mar-2020
Which headphones work best with this particular microphone for voice overs? I have a MacBook Pro 13". Thanks!
- Asked by Loretta P from Frlsco
- on 27-Apr-2019
I have Sennheiser HD 280s that work great with my HypeMiC!
- Answered by Carl H from Los Angeles
- on 18-May-2019