Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
Every Mac with a Mini DisplayPort allows you to connect an external display or projector using an adapter. You can use an external display as your main workspace or to extend your desktop, or you can work in mirrored mode with a projector so you can view what your audience sees.
Use the Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter to connect an advanced digital monitor, such as the 20- or 23-inch Apple Cinema Display, that includes a DVI connector. Review the documentation or check with the manufacturer of your monitor to make sure you're choosing the right adapter.
Compatible with Mac computers with Mini DisplayPort and Thunderbolt ports
- MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015 - 2017)
- MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012 - 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2012 - 2015)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014 - 2015)
- Mac Pro (Late 2013)
- Mac mini (Late 2014)
Answers from the community
Is this Mini DisplayPort 1.1, 1.2 or 1.3-compatible? Also, is its output DVI-I or DVI-D and is it single or dual-link?
- Asked by Patrick C from London
- on 01-Feb-2015
1.2, Single, DVI-D
- Answered by Soroush F from Salt Lake City
- on 26-Feb-2015
How do I connect two monitors to my mac mini? What cables do I need please help?
- Asked by Dawn A from Leeds
- on 01-Sep-2014
what adapter do I need to attach mac mini a1347 to a dell monitor
- Asked by Vidalina G from woodstock
- on 21-Mar-2018