Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit
With the iPad Camera Connection Kit, it's incredibly easy to download photos and videos from your digital camera to your iPad so you can view them on the gorgeous iPad display and share them with family and friends.
The kit includes two connectors, each with a different interface:
- The Camera Connector features a USB interface. Just plug it into the dock connector port on your iPad, then attach your digital camera or iPhone using a USB cable (not included). iPhone 3G is not supported.
- Use the SD Card Reader to import photos and videos directly from your camera's SD card. Connect it to your iPad, then insert your digital camera's SD card into the slot.
After you make the connection, your iPad automatically opens the Photos app, which lets you choose which photos and videos to import, then organizes them into albums. When you sync iPad to your PC or Mac, the photos and videos on your iPad are added to your computer's photo library.
What’s in the Box
SD Card Reader
iPad and the Camera Connection Kit support standard photo formats, including JPEG and RAW, along with SD and HD video formats, including H.264 and MPEG-4.
Answers from the community
Can these work on an iPhone 4S in IOS 9.3.5
No answers yet
- Asked by Michael Angelo T from Matina
- on 09-Jun-2018
Can I write to a SD card via the SD reader or is it read only?
- Asked by Martin T from IPSWICH
- on 19-Jun-2010
Can you use the Lightning adaptor with the 30 pin camera kit to import to iPad Air/iPhone 5s and if so how?
- Asked by Jenny D from Perth
- on 07-Nov-2015
Import Sony *.ARW format?
- Asked by Anonymous A from XXXX
- on 10-Jun-2010
I can also confirm that yesterday I imported a number of compressed RAW (cRAW) files from my Sony Al I can also confirm that yesterday I imported a number of compressed RAW (cRAW) files from my Sony Alpha A700 into iPad flawlessly. It's a shame this product doesn't just take the Compact Flash card rather than having to connect (and power) the camera. Ho hum, I'm happy enough that I have validated my (otherwise lame) excuses to invest in the iPad
- Answered by Colin S from Cricklewood
- on 03-Aug-2010
Can I plug a USB keyboard in with this adapter? I'd some hot keys to turn pages in a music app, thanks
- Asked by Anonymous A from XXXXXXXXXX
- on 26-Jul-2010
I'm answering my own question here. Yes, now I've bought one I've found out that some keyboards (wi I'm answering my own question here. Yes, now I've bought one I've found out that some keyboards (without extra usb hub ports like the apple ones) will work but the Footime foot controller doesn't work with ForScore since the foot controller uses page up and down to switch pages and ForScore uses arrow left/right. I've spoken to developers from both sides and they are all looking into it. Hope this helps people.
- Answered by Anonymous A from XXXXXXXXXX
- on 23-Aug-2010
Hi, Does the Apple Ipad camera connection kit support the Sony DLSR Raw Format used on the DLSR A200 camera?
- Asked by Anonymous A from XXXXXXX
- on 15-Jul-2010
Just recived the Ipad camera connection kit and i am glad to see it fully supports the Sony DLSR A20 Just recived the Ipad camera connection kit and i am glad to see it fully supports the Sony DLSR A200 camera. I just plugged in the USB lead into the camera and connection kit and it instantly connected to the camera and allowed me to view and download the RAW files.
- Answered by Anonymous A from XXXXXXX
- on 02-Aug-2010