Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter
Easily connect your Thunderbolt-equipped Mac to a FireWire device with the Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter. Small and compact, it connects to the Thunderbolt port on your Mac computer, giving you a FireWire 800 port that supplies up to 7W for bus-powered peripherals like hard drives and audio devices.
What’s in the Box
Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter with built-in Thunderbolt cable
OS X v10.7.4 or later
Thunderbolt-equipped Mac computer
- MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015 - 2017)
- MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012 - 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2012 - 2015)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014 - 2015)
- Mac Pro (Late 2013)
- Mac mini (Late 2014)
Answers from the community
Can I connect my WD time machine firewire to my iMac using a thunderbolt adaptor
- Asked by Dianne A from MIssion Viejo
- on 11-Feb-2019
The type of firewire is important to get a straight answer, If you have firewire 800/9pin you can us The type of firewire is important to get a straight answer, If you have firewire 800/9pin you can use a (Usb 3 to thunderbolt and then a
Thunderbolt to firewire 800/9 pin) Part # A1463 AND A1790 BOTH MADE BY APPLE! Stay away form non apple made connectors they fail
at every turn. My wish would be that apple would make a usb3.0 or 3.? to firewire that would make a lot of Mac people happy!
Hope this helps...
- Answered by Phillip L from ELK GROVE
- on 30-Jun-2019
Will this product connect a tc electronic konnect 8 audio interface to the 2017 imac thunderbolt input? The konnekt 8 has an iE1394 firewire port.
1 Answer(Will this product connect a tc electronic konnect 8 audio interface to the 2017 imac thunderbolt input? The konnekt 8 has an iE1394 firewire port.)
- Asked by Chris C from Leksand
- on 13-Jun-2019
Is this enough to power a Digital Camera Back like PhaseOne or Hasselbald?
- Asked by Robin C from New York
- on 03-Aug-2012
Can I use this cable with my sapphire pro40
- Asked by LD H from NOTTINGHAM
- on 02-Feb-2014
I use it with mine, so yes you can. Be wary of the bad connection with the adaptor though, it falls I use it with mine, so yes you can. Be wary of the bad connection with the adaptor though, it falls out with the slightest movement.
- Answered by Ashley E from Bookham
- on 24-Feb-2014
Has anyone been able to use this with Snow Leopard?
- Asked by Andrew P from London
- on 02-Aug-2012
Yes, i have a retina mbp, and used it to transfer from my old mbp, both running the new snow leopard
- Answered by Anonymous A from XXXXXX
- on 05-Sep-2012