USB-C to USB Adapter
The USB-C to USB Adapter lets you connect iOS devices and many of your standard USB accessories to a USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) enabled Mac.
Plug the USB-C end of the adapter into a USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) port on your Mac, and then connect your flash drive, camera, or other standard USB device. You can also connect a Lightning to USB cable to sync and charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
Compatible with the following computers:
12-inch MacBook, 13-inch MacBook Pro - Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C), 15-inch MacBook Pro - Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C), 21.5-inch iMac - Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C), 27-inch iMac - Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C); iMac Pro
What’s in the Box
Apple USB-C to USB Adapter
- MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015 - 2017)
- MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018 and later)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016 and later)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016 and later)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
- iMac Pro (2017 and later)
- Mac mini (2018)
Answers from the community
will this charge my usb sandisk flash drive whilst connected to my ipad pro?
- Asked by Giuliana B from Port Glasgow
- on 08-Jul-2019
is this adapter is compatible to connect blue thunderball usb power mike ?
- Asked by SACHIN C from NASIK
- on 07-Jul-2019
I want to plug a USB flash drive into my MacBook air is this the cable I would use?
- Asked by Allan C from Alexandra
- on 28-Mar-2019
yes, if your flash drive is using usb as it's port
- Answered by Jianchen L from Vancouver
- on 09-May-2019
Is this USB-C to USB 3.0 or USB-C to USB 2.0?
- Asked by Sam D from Croydon
- on 04-Nov-2015
does this work for the 2018 MacBook Air 13"
- Asked by Courtney A from Stevenage
- on 19-Jan-2019
I just bought the MacBook Pro that contains thunderbolt 3 ports only. Will this adapter allow me to connect my Mac Pro with my USB device?
- Asked by Jill S from Fredericksburg
- on 04-May-2017
Yes it will. I have one attached to my MacBook Pro and it works fine. I run my backup drive on it wi Yes it will. I have one attached to my MacBook Pro and it works fine. I run my backup drive on it with no problems.
- Answered by Anonymous
- on 30-Oct-2018