apple tv is only playing my purchased songs, how do i listen to added cd's?
When I access Apple TV and ask to shuffle all songs loaded on my computer, it only shows purchased songs through iTunes- shouldn't I be able to view all songs downloaded on my computer?
- Asked by Eric H from Redondo Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (apple tv is only playing my purchased songs, how do i listen to added cd's?)
2 Answers from the Community
You need to share your iTunes library from your computer so that your Apple TV can access that library via your wifi network. Without Apple TV being able to access a shared iTunes library, the only music available to the Apple TV is music associated with the Apple ID that the Apple TV is currently logged into (the music that account holder has bought from the iTunes Store). Look on Apple support pages for help sharing your iTunes library on your home network. Once your computer is sharing your iTunes library on your home wifi network, your Apple TV can access this library from the "Computers" icon.
- Answered by Jace C from Coplay
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It would appear they want us to sign up for Apple Music and pay $9.99 per month in order to get this done. I thought you could do it by just having apple share but from what I can see they want the revenue stream..
I also don't know why Apple does not jump on these questions when their customers post them and answer them directly.
- Answered by Ralph B from Mission Viejo
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Do I have to have a 4K television in order for this Apple TV to work?
- Asked by Michael B from Scottsdale
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I have to have a 4K television in order for this Apple TV to work?)
- Asked about: Innovelis TotalMount Pro Mounting S…
Do all songs on itune cost money
- Asked by Seana C from Playa Del Rey
- Flag as inappropriate (Do all songs on itune cost money)
No answers yet
Can I listen to computer radio on Apple TV 4?
- Asked by Eva R from Yonkers
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I listen to computer radio on Apple TV 4?)
No answers yet