does charging overnight ruin battery?
- Asked by Melissa G from North Attleboro
- Flag as inappropriate (does charging overnight ruin battery?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Cable (1 m)
4 Answers from the Community
No. iPhone and iPad are intelligent enough to stop charging when battery reaches 100%. It will auto resume charging when battery naturally discharges to ~98% and then stops again.
- Answered by Boris Y
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No it does not the iPhone contains a special type of battery that slows the rate of charging when it reaches closet to full capacity, once full it uses power from the wall to fetch email and stuff and when disconnected it uses power from the battery
- Answered by Vis B from Dunedin
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Once your device is done charging it stops the current from coming in to prevent it from overcharging. Eventually though it will noticeably degrade. So if you do it every so often, not everyday your battery will be fine.
- Answered by Michael G from Austin
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Apple has smart technology to stop charging your devices when it is fully charged !
- Answered by Viral S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Do I need to charge this Battery case and how?
- Asked by Ruichan F from Portsmouth
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need to charge this Battery case and how?)
- Asked about: iPhone 7 Smart Battery Case - (PROD…