Is the iPhone 7 waterproof??
- Asked by fn from Edgewood
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the iPhone 7 waterproof??)
2 Answers from the Community
iPhone 7 is water-resistant with an IP67 rating. It can sustain a splash or quick dip in water, but long submersion periods may cause damage to the device. Try to avoid exposure to liquids, though.
- Answered by Nicholas M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I was in an auto accident in my Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo and ended up in a canal, upside down with water up to my nostrils. I was pinned in the vehicle for 3 1/2 hours during which time my iPhone 7 was under water (muddy water). It remained in the Jeep while I was rescued and then baked in the hot sun in the Jeep while in a wrecker yard. I was hospitalized for 5 days with a broken foot so I couldn't get to my vehicle to empty it for approximately a week. When I finally got to go clean out what was left of my belongings there was my iPhone, filthy and HOT. I took it home and hadn't even had a chance to clean it before my daughter plugged it in and it came on instantly! There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. It's just like it was the day I purchased it. This is an AMAZING phone!
- Answered by Lynette R from Youngsville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Is the iPhone X s max waterproof?
- Asked by Rafael S from Vila Velha
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the iPhone X s max waterproof?)
Is the IPhone 8 waterproof?
- Asked by Shawna H from Apple Valley
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the IPhone 8 waterproof?)