Is there a maximum number of pictures that can be stored on iphone?
- Asked by John M from Tampa
- Flag as inappropriate Is there a maximum number of pictures that can be stored on iphone?
2 Answers from the Community
Hi John, iPhone storage is not dependent upon the amount of pictures you can store on your iPhone as much as the “file size” of each picture and the amount of storage space your iPhone supports. Every picture has a file size based on the quality of the picture taken so the amount you can store on your iPhone will be dependent on their file size. In the iPhones settings you can change it so that the camera takes a lower resolution photo or lower quality photo making each photos file size smaller allowing you to store more photos. A high quality photo can be as high as 20 megabytes per photo. An iPhone storage capacity ranges anywhere from 64 to 512 gigabytes or “GB”. Every gigabyte is equal to 1,024 megabytes or “MB” so if we assume for example that every photo you take is at the max file size of 20MB and you have an iPhone that has the lowest storage capacity of 64GB then you would be able to store around 3,276 photos. One thing to note about storage space is that each iPhone uses a certain amount of space for system files, caches, and logs which enable your iPhone to actually function. Also, apps that you install, videos that you take, and any other files and documents you keep on your iPhone will also consume some of that storage space. You can also setup your iPhone to use iCloud and have that store all of your photos so you can free up storage space on your iPhone. Hope that helps
- Answered by Keith S from Nashua
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No, it all depends on your iPhones storage size
- Answered by Eric C from Yorba Linda
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Have the Iphone6 -was told pictures good --- NOT!! I want to get a new phone -does the iPhone 8 or 8+ take great pictures? or which do you recommend
- Asked by Deborah K from Glen Rock
- Flag as inappropriate Have the Iphone6 -was told pictures good --- NOT!! I want to get a new phone -does the iPhone 8 or 8+ take great pictures? or which do you recommend
Can I use an sd card from my camera to transfer photos from my camera to my iPhone using this device? Or is it only to store iPhones photos?
Asked about: Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader
- Asked by Dielle E
- Flag as inappropriate Can I use an sd card from my camera to transfer photos from my camera to my iPhone using this device? Or is it only to store iPhones photos?