I have a imac 10.6.8 2 GHz Intel Core Duo iMac4,1 what can I upgrade to, is it possible to upgrade to 10.7? also is it possible to upgrade to later os
what is the newest os i can upgrade to, are there any intermediate OS versions i need to use as steeping stones?
spec for my Machine;
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac4,1
Processor Name: Intel Core Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 2 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: IM41.0055.B08
SMC Version (system): 1.1f5
Serial Number (system): CK61000TU2S
Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-0016CB84ECAB
1 Answer from the Community
Best way to find out is to check your system at:
every mac dot com
They will tell you the maximum OS you can run.
In general as long as you are running a fully updated version of Snow Leopard you can go directly to any higher OS.
No stepping stones needed.
If this is your system - you are at the maximum OS supported by Apple.
- Answered by Stephen P from Warwick
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will the new Time Capsule work with machines running 10.6.8?
- Asked by Phil C. B from Gainesville
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the new Time Capsule work with machines running 10.6.8?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
I noticed that 10.7.5 is required. I have 10.6.8 on my iMac, will this work?
- Asked by Edmond G from Davie
- Flag as inappropriate (I noticed that 10.7.5 is required. I have 10.6.8 on my iMac, will this work?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme