Can i use this mic with new ipad pro which has an usb-c socket, will a micro usb to usb-c cable do the job? Or further software update is required?
2 Answers from the Community
This mic works well on a 2018 USB C iPad Pro running the iPad OS13 public beta. I connected the mic via the Apple’s USB C to HDMI adapter (the adapter has a USB A port too). I also connected the mic via a third party (Cygnet) USB C to USB A adapter. The recording came out ok. There was no clipping or excessive gain. Shure app did not recognize the mic as an MV5 but I was able to record. I was able to record via Ferrite app too. Do keep in mind that I used the beta IPad OS. I will post an update when the OS is final.
- Answered by Preetam R
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Compatibility iPad Models iPad Pro 10.5-inch iPad (6th Generation) iPad mini 4 iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd Generation) iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st Generation) iPad Pro 9.7-inch iPad (5th Generation) iPad mini 3 iPad mini 2 iPad mini iPad Air 2 iPad Air
- Answered by Jubal D
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will the USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter accept input from a USB microphone, such as the Rode NT-USB, on an Ipad Pro with USB-C input?
- Asked by Lawrence M from Boulder
- Flag as inappropriate Will the USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter accept input from a USB microphone, such as the Rode NT-USB, on an Ipad Pro with USB-C input?
Will this work with the new iPad Pro with USB-C?
- Asked by Julian R from San German
- Flag as inappropriate Will this work with the new iPad Pro with USB-C?