Can I connect the 4k Apple TV to this display?. If so which adapter do I need?
1 Answer from the Community
Short answer: No.
The Apple 4K TV has only an HDMI 2.0 output.
The LG UltraFine 4K display only has a USB-C input. It uses USB-C with DisplayPort alt mode. The USB-C cable has wires for the DisplayPort signal, and wires for a USB 2.0 connection which the LG display uses for brightness control, audio, and its USB ports.
Currently available HDMI 1.4 to DisplayPort adapters only support 4K 30Hz. Next year may see HDMI 2.0 converters that support 4K 60Hz but may cost up to $200.
Other computer monitors have HDMI 2.0 inputs and DisplayPort 1.2 inputs.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How to hook up apple TV 4k to a monitor that only streams 4k through display-port?
- Asked by Louis H from Denver
- Flag as inappropriate (How to hook up apple TV 4k to a monitor that only streams 4k through display-port?)
- Asked about: Apple TV
How do I connect my early 2009 iMac with mini display port to an analog television with s-video and rca inputs?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I connect my early 2009 iMac with mini display port to an analog television with s-video and rca inputs?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter