Will the LG ultrafine 4k display work as a secondary display with the upcoming iMac Pro?
1 Answer from the Community
The LG UltraFine 4K display is a USB-C display which requires DisplayPort through the USB-C cable (known as USB-C with DisplayPort alt mode). It uses the USB 2.0 signals of the USB-C cable for it's USB functions (audio, USB 2.0 ports, brightness control, etc).
iMac Pro has USB-C ports supporting USB and DisplayPort alt mode so it should work with any USB-C display (such as the LG UltraFine 4K) or DisplayPort 1.2 display or HDMI 1.4 display or any display adapter that uses USB-C, DisplayPort 1.2, or HDMI 1.4 as a source. HDMI 2.0 adapters are active adapters that use DisplayPort 1.2 as a source. VGA adapters use DisplayPort or HDMI as a source. All should work.
The iMac Pro's USB-C ports also support Thunderbolt 3 so it will also work with Thunderbolt displays such as the LG UltraFine 5K display.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does this work with the LG UltraFine 4K display over USB-C?
- Asked by Jeremy F from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with the LG UltraFine 4K display over USB-C?)
- Asked about: Blackmagic eGPU
Will this adapter allow me to use a 2015 Retina MacBook Pro with an LG UltraFine 4k display?
- Asked by Taurean B from Emeryville
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter allow me to use a 2015 Retina MacBook Pro with an LG UltraFine 4k display?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbol…