Can I use this display with 2 inputs - one from the new MB Pro and another from say an Apple TV?
Is there a feature to have multiple inputs and a way to switch between the inputs?
- Asked by fn from New Braunfels
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this display with 2 inputs - one from the new MB Pro and another from say an Apple TV?)
4 Answers from the Community
Jessie & William - Many thanks. I was hoping, but expected as much. My 2011 27" iMac is doing well, but looking to replace it with a new 15" MBP and wanted an external monitor (or two). If I got a 2nd monitor, I'd want it to have the ability to serve as a TV or Apple TV source when I don't need the extra screen real estate for computing. I guess I'll have to look elsewhere for something with multiple input - maybe a 27" 4k monitor with multiple inputs and an adapter for the MBP (USB-C to Display Port). --- Thanks again.
- Answered by Brian B from New Braunfels
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Per LG: This would be able to work with Apple TV but not another Mac. It can only support 1 mac device at a time.
- Answered by Jesse R from Kalamazoo
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
My guess is no (don't have a definitive answer) - but it only has 1 thunderbolt 3 input (3 hub output) so only one source can be plugged in at a time. Plus the AppleTV does not have a video out in the form of Thunderbolt 3 or even USB-C to be compatible with the single input port.
- Answered by William C from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
It is not possible for multiple reasons. First, on the system requirements, it states that it must be running a version of MacOs Sierra and it needs a thunderbolt 3 connection. Each display can't even power two new MacBook Pros since the display only has on Thunderbolt 3 and three lower tier usb-c output so it can only currently power one MB Pro and no more.
- Answered by Kevin Z from Richmond Hill
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Can I connect 3 Apple Thunderbolt 2 displays?
- Asked by Adam P from Beverly
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect 3 Apple Thunderbolt 2 displays?)
- Asked about: Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Express Dock H…
In my new Mac Pro retina... Could I read the DVDs from another regions, or only in the country when I purchase the SuperDrive?
- Asked by Barbara W from Veracruz
- Flag as inappropriate (In my new Mac Pro retina... Could I read the DVDs from another regions, or only in the country when I purchase the SuperDrive?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
will this fit in my macbook pro 13inch
- Asked by Toni F from Caloundra
- Flag as inappropriate (will this fit in my macbook pro 13inch)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter