Does this monitor automatically charging the MBP while connected via Thunderbolt? I wonder if this would be bad for battery life.
Due to the assumption that is it not good for battery life when the MBP will be charged the whole time while connected to the monitor, I would expect the possibility to switch off the charging function. Am I right?
1 Answer from the Community
Most current devices that use Lithium-ion batteries have very advanced circuitry and software to manage both charging and discharging for both safety and performance issues. The MBP is not a cordless vac using Ni-Cd batteries that have "memory effect" and deteriorate over a short product life. There is no need to be concerned about how the charging affects battery performance or life.
- Answered by John L from Irvine
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How can I connect an early 2008 MBP with 400/800 Firewire ports to a new ultrawide monitor with only a Thunderbolt and/or Displayport available.
- Asked by P R from Washington
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I connect an early 2008 MBP with 400/800 Firewire ports to a new ultrawide monitor with only a Thunderbolt and/or Displayport available.)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapt…
Will this monitor work via a USB-C-to-Displayport Cable?
- Asked by James F from Rockford
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this monitor work via a USB-C-to-Displayport Cable?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 4K Display