will the 5K monitor work with an Intel Skull Canyon windows 10 using the thunderbolt 3.0 connection on the monitor and CPU
- Asked by Robert M from Woodland Hills
- Flag as inappropriate (will the 5K monitor work with an Intel Skull Canyon windows 10 using the thunderbolt 3.0 connection on the monitor and CPU)
3 Answers from the Community
I just got one of these beauties home and hooked it to my Skull Canyon NUC running Windows 10. It works! It defaulted to 3840 x 2160 at 60p but I could also choose 4096 x 2304 at 60p. Looks great! However, with the 2016 MacBook Pro, it runs at 5K (5120 x 2880)
- Answered by James D from Murfreesboro
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Hi, yes you can connect, but it does not reach 5k, the maximum resolution is 4096 x 2304 (4k extended). The interesting thing is that they work the USB port and also the camera and the speakers ... looks great !!
- Answered by Antonio F
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Unfortunately, Apple's implementation of DisplayPort will not allow this monitor to function on Windows @ 5K without a specifically built driver (that does not exist, yet). However, the monitor will display at lower resolutions up to 4K.
The reason being that DisplayPort 1.2 does not support 5K, so Apple actually pushes two separate streams (2 monitors) to the LG display, which then combines the two outputs into one seamless 5K display.
- Answered by Shaharyar A from Richmond
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Will it work with an monitor with an analogue DVI connection?
- Asked by Anonymous A
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work with an monitor with an analogue DVI connection?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
Can I use this with a windows laptop?
- Asked by Christian A from Indianapolis
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this with a windows laptop?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter