Is it really compatible with 16-inch MacBook Pro 2019? This MBP requires 96W - but dock is only able to serve 85W.
Is this dock really compatible with 16-inch MBP 2019? According to specification right on this page, it is able to supply only 85W, but 16-inch MBP requires 96W.
Can somebody try to put 16-inch MBP under a full load (e.g. by video encoding) and check, if it is able to keep battery on 100% while connected to this dock?
2 Answers from the Community
Yes it can charge it and keep it at 100% charge, but other issues listed below is expected:
- The laptop will not detect display immediately, you have to unplug and replug multiple times, specially when in MBP is in sleep and the connected.
- External sound system issues specially with Bose Companion, For Example, if you are playing a video in a browser, then pause it and move to another window, sound will never work again until you unplug the complete sound system and replug it in.
- Answered by Malath A from New Castle
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I was told by the Apple Store it will, just at a slower speed.
- Answered by Travis C from Valrico
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Is this compatible with the new 16-inch MacBook Pro?
- Asked by Brian B from Houston
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this compatible with the new 16-inch MacBook Pro?)
- Asked about: Twelve South HiRise Adjustable Stan…
Is the GoPro 8 compatible with MacBook Air 13 inch 2019?
- Asked by Rainbowe K from Van Nuys
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the GoPro 8 compatible with MacBook Air 13 inch 2019?)
- Asked about: GoPro HERO8 Black Camera
Will this sufficiently maintain power levels on the new 16” MacBook Pro?
- Asked by Jonathan A from Shoreline
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this sufficiently maintain power levels on the new 16” MacBook Pro?)
- Asked about: Blackmagic eGPU