Hi, I have an Apple TV 4K connected to a TV. My question is, can we use this camera for video conferencing? Software like Skype, Slack, High Five?
1 Answer from the Community
I don't think so, but I don't know that the apps you mention can not be used.
It seems to me that this camera is exclusively targeted for home security. It uses a either the standalone iPhone/iPad app "OMNA" or apples homekit app 'Home' to connect and control the camera. (Only Home is available for viewing on iMac). There is neither a 'Home' nor OMNA app for AppleTV so you can't view images on your TV. There are some third party vendors for AppleTV but it isnt clear to me that they support OMNA. However, using either of the apps on your iPhone, you could have 1-way viewing: in that you can see and hear what goes on at the location where you have placed the Camera.
- Answered by Bo A
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I have 3 questions: 1. Will this work with apple's 4.2 software? 2. Will videos taken from the camera downloaded and projected with TV Connection?
- Asked by Anonymous A
- Flag as inappropriate (I have 3 questions: 1. Will this work with apple's 4.2 software? 2. Will videos taken from the camera downloaded and projected with TV Connection?)
- Asked about: Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit
Can you connect two controllers to Apple TV?
- Asked by Yar Ali Shah B from Kalba
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you connect two controllers to Apple TV?)
- Asked about: SteelSeries Nimbus Wireless Gaming …
No answers yet
Can we use these with Apple TV?
- Asked by Andrew S from Staten Island
- Flag as inappropriate (Can we use these with Apple TV?)
- Asked about: Apple World Travel Adapter Kit
No answers yet