Does it charge your phone if you have a pop socket on your case?
- Asked by fn from Sarasota
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it charge your phone if you have a pop socket on your case?)
2 Answers from the Community
Yes, it works for me. My pop socket is closer to the bottom so I don't know if that makes a difference.
- Answered by Catherine L from Englewood
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I just bought an iphone XR with Otterbox Vue case, and a Belkin "Boost-up Special Edition Wireless Charging Pad" 7.5W
Qi-charger at the local Apple Store.
The charging pad won't work if I put a popsocket on the back of the case. I presume the popsocket positions the phone too far from the charging pad for adequate coupling to occur.
The charging pad instructions say a case must be less than 3mm thick for the pad to charge the phone. I'd say the thickness of the Otterbox Vue is easily that much, but again with case alone (and no popsocket), I can charge my phone from the charging pad.
... so I put my new popsocket on my ipad.
- Answered by Fred P from Brookfield
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will this work with a pop socket on the phone cases ?
- Asked by Andrea F from Springfield
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with a pop socket on the phone cases ?)
- Asked about: Logitech Powered Wireless Charging …
does it work with a pop socket on the back?
- Asked by Hector V from Huron
- Flag as inappropriate (does it work with a pop socket on the back?)
- Asked about: Belkin Boost Up Special Edition Wir…