iPhoneX - leaving phone on wireless charger over night ... is it safe for battery life sickle ?
1 Answer from the Community
Once your battery reaches 100%, your wireless charger will cut off. When your battery then drops to 99% overnight, your wireless charger will trickle charge it back to 100% and then cut off again. If you use a decent branded wireless charger such as Belkin, it is totally safe for the life cycle of your phones battery.
It's advisable to use a low wattage wireless charger (no higher than 5W) if possible as they generate less heat and charge your battery at a slower rate which is good practice. The 2 main things that lower battery life are heat and rapid charging.
Belkin and Anker manufacture excellent wireless chargers for the iPhone range.
- Answered by Philip G
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does it stop charging once the phone reaches 100%?
- Asked by Benjamin Y from Yelm
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it stop charging once the phone reaches 100%?)
- Asked about: mophie wireless charging base
Does this work as a fast charger for the iPhone X ?
- Asked by Anas D
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work as a fast charger for the iPhone X ?)
- Asked about: 18W USB-C Power Adapter
will it damage the iphone4 if left over night charging?
- Asked by Jay H from Manila
- Flag as inappropriate (will it damage the iphone4 if left over night charging?)
- Asked about: Apple 12W USB Power Adapter