How is the charging speed compared to cable charging?
- Asked by Shushank Y
- Flag as inappropriate (How is the charging speed compared to cable charging?)
2 Answers from the Community
Depends what cable and wall adapter you're using to charge it with. It generally charges the same speed as the included 5W adapter that comes with the iPhone, I think at the moment the new iPhones only accept up to 5W from the charging base. There is going to be an update at some point to allow them to take the full 7.5W. I use my MacBook Pro charger with a USB-C Lightning cable and it charges alot faster than the mophie, but if you're stuck with the included wall adapter then using this is a matter of preference.
- Answered by Timothy J
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
the 5W setting for Iphone 8/8+/X running IOS lower than 11.2 will be slower than provided 5W charging cable/adapter.
after 11.2 it will boost to 7.5,were this products limit. it will work as fast as the 5W if not slower.
note: wireless charger and wired charger with same wattage will not have the same speed. as the wireless charge has some energy loss during transmission.
- Answered by Angelo Bryan P from Muntinlupa City
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
How does wireless charging compare to charging via a cable?
- Asked by Daniel A from San Diego
- Flag as inappropriate (How does wireless charging compare to charging via a cable?)
- Asked about: Belkin Boost Up Wireless Charging P…
Does the iphone charge while being synchronized (attached to PC)?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the iphone charge while being synchronized (attached to PC)?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable