There is no digital audio output -toslink optical output!!! WHY NOT???
A seperate digital output Source is essential to good audio performance and cannot be accomplished without a digital output Source; third-generation AppleTV had this -why did you not continue ???
- Asked by Michel G from Ottawa
- Flag as inappropriate (There is no digital audio output -toslink optical output!!! WHY NOT???)
2 Answers from the Community
Also, your TV support the audio formats before it can be pushed out as optical signals. example, your source are using DD Atmos but you TV doesn't, that means you sound system via optical won't get Atmos format either, even if the audio system support decoding of Atmos. However, when using HDMI ARC, the signal directly pass-thru to the sound system, that means even if youre TV does not support you still get Atmos format to your audio system.
- Answered by Boran L from Union City
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Because this is an HDMI cable. HDMI cables do not have optical connections.
- Answered by Brendan M from Palo Alto
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does the adapter support Toslink?
- Asked by Jason S from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the adapter support Toslink?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack …
No answers yet
Can the dock output digital audio?
- Asked by Richard N from Victoria
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the dock output digital audio?)
- Asked about: iPhone Lightning Dock – Space Gray