Can Logitech Keys-to-Go be used as a wired keyboard? The USB cable seems to be just for charging.
1 Answer from the Community
No, I've just tested this with a micro USB cable that I know to be capable of data transfer and there is no connectivity with my Mac. I am now typing the rest of this answer with a Bluetooth connection to my Mac and the keyboard works pretty well. The camera button locks the Mac screen, the world keyboard button works like a second play/pause key on the Mac, the other playback and volume control buttons work with the Mac, and the home, task switcher and search keys do not function with the Mac.
It would have been nice to have the option of wired but sadly this device can't do that. The Apple Magic Keyboards do however work as wired keyboards even with Mac's that they don't support, for example my Power Mac G4 so one of them might be a better option for you.
I hope this answer is useful.
- Answered by Andrew R
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I use this for an external large key keyboard with a standard USB conection?
- Asked by Lisa W from Valdora
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this for an external large key keyboard with a standard USB conection?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
Can I use the Apple Dock Connector to USB Cable in order to connect an Apple wired keyboard (USB) to the new iPad?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the Apple Dock Connector to USB Cable in order to connect an Apple wired keyboard (USB) to the new iPad?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable