Will this work with the MacBook Pro 13-inch, Mid 2012?
2 Answers from the Community
It will work with any computer with a standard USB port. Please note, that in order to get the advertised speed, you need to use at least a USB 3.0 port. I believe the 2012 MacBook Pro was the first Apple laptop with USB 3.0. You can confirm that by: Hold down the option key (keep it pressed) Click mose on the Apple Icon in top left. Choose 'System Report' Scroll down to USB, and see if it is USB 3 .0 Hub, or USB 2.0 Hub. If it is not USB 3.0, I do not recommend such an expensive product, as any cheap external hard drive would work just as well, for a fraction of the cost. If you do have USB 3.0, then this little drive will likely be faster than the internal mechanical drive in your MacBook Pro. I am not sure whether this old a MacBook supports USB 3.0 UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol). If it does not, you would still get reasonable speed, but not the advertised 500 MB/Second.
- Answered by Jerold A from Nashua
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
- Answered by Dale K from Petawawa
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can this be used on a MacBook Pro 13" mid 2012?
- Asked by Alyce K from Albuquerque
- Flag as inappropriate can this be used on a MacBook Pro 13" mid 2012?
Are the Magic keyboards compatible with MacBook Pro 13” mid 2012?
- Asked by Chris C from New Hyde Park
- Flag as inappropriate Are the Magic keyboards compatible with MacBook Pro 13” mid 2012?
I have macbook pro (13-inch mid 2012), is compatible?
- Asked by Gabriel P from Miami
- Flag as inappropriate I have macbook pro (13-inch mid 2012), is compatible?