Will this work with the MacBook Pro 13-inch, Mid 2012?
1 Answer from the Community
It will work with any computer with a standard USB port.
Please note, that in order to get the advertised speed, you need to use at least a USB 3.0 port.
I believe the 2012 MacBook Pro was the first Apple laptop with USB 3.0.
You can confirm that by:
Hold down the option key (keep it pressed)
Click mose on the Apple Icon in top left.
Choose 'System Report'
Scroll down to USB, and see if it is USB 3 .0 Hub, or USB 2.0 Hub.
If it is not USB 3.0, I do not recommend such an expensive product, as any cheap external hard drive would work just as well, for a fraction of the cost.
If you do have USB 3.0, then this little drive will likely be faster than the internal mechanical drive in your MacBook Pro.
I am not sure whether this old a MacBook supports USB 3.0 UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol).
If it does not, you would still get reasonable speed, but not the advertised 500 MB/Second.
- Answered by Jerold A from Nashua
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this fit a Mid-2012 13inch MacBook Pro?
- Asked by Jessica B from Somerville
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this fit a Mid-2012 13inch MacBook Pro?)
- Asked about: Twelve South BookArc Stand for MacB…
can this be used on a MacBook Pro 13" mid 2012?
- Asked by Alyce K from Albuquerque
- Flag as inappropriate (can this be used on a MacBook Pro 13" mid 2012?)
- Asked about: SanDisk 64GB Ultra Dual Drive USB T…
Will this fit Mid-2012 Mac Book Pro
- Asked by Robert M from Spring
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this fit Mid-2012 Mac Book Pro)
- Asked about: Incase 13" Hardshell Case for MacBo…