What is the solution for Osmo Mobile 2 fighting with the iPhone's Optical Image Stabilization?
There are many posts and videos showing the iPhone's Optical Image Stabilization interferes with the Osmo Mobile 2 resulting in shaking, bobbing video. I don't think these products are compatible. It's a major flaw and a serious limitation. The iPhone 7, 7plus, 8, 8plus and X simply don't work properly with this device, because the iPhone's hardware-based OIS can not be locked in place.
- Asked by Nicolas D from Brooklyn
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the solution for Osmo Mobile 2 fighting with the iPhone's Optical Image Stabilization?)
2 Answers from the Community
(as an update to the answer below) An expert actually explained the Optical Image Stabilization issue and showed the phenomenon in a video on YouTube titled "DJI Osmo Mobile — 10 Tips For Smoother Videos [4K]". The OIS explanation starts at 3:47.
To summarize his findings, the OIS actually CAN be turned off in the DJI app (also in the Filmic Pro app), however the iPhone lens is still floating and can be shaken, even when using a gimbal, and particularly when walking and especially when running. The vibration of the steps still translates through the gimbal, causing the lens to shake, resulting in jittery video.
It would be great if Apple took this into consideration in the new phone designs with an option to "lock" the lens in place so it cannot move at all. It seems some Android phones already have this capacity. Hoping the next iPhones will too.
- Answered by Mark R from Jamaica
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You may want to reach out to DJI and see if they have updates on this.
- Answered by Megan G from Buckeye
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Many generic ear buds do not fit my ears well, may be uncomfortable after a couple of hours or fall out. Have design innovations improved the fit?
- Asked by Michael J from Port Elgin
- Flag as inappropriate (Many generic ear buds do not fit my ears well, may be uncomfortable after a couple of hours or fall out. Have design innovations improved the fit?)
- Asked about: AirPods
How is the stability when pecking on the phone while docked?
- Asked by Brad G from The Colony
- Flag as inappropriate (How is the stability when pecking on the phone while docked?)
- Asked about: iPhone Lightning Dock - White