how does the wireless battery case charge 8 plus?
- Asked by Gary S from Lake Oswego
- Flag as inappropriate how does the wireless battery case charge 8 plus?
3 Answers from the Community
Unlike the Mophie for my old iPhone6, this case has no button on the back to make the case battery start charging the phone or turn it off when through. Techs at several Verizon stores, one Apple store, a tech at a computer store listed as an Apple agent, and Apple phone help line all told me it would kick in automatically when the phone battery dropped to a certain level but no one knew what level that was. When my phone dropped below 20% the computer store told me the case was faulty and sent me back to Verizon for a replacement, which they did without question. Finally I did what I should have done in the first place: phoned Mophie. The button that causes the case battery indicator lights to activate is also the on-off button for the charging cycle: just hold it down for a second or more. I called back all the places that gave me false info and they were both amazed and grateful.
- Answered by Robert M from Mars Hill
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
This case has rechargeable lithium-ion batteries. And it delivers up to 100% extra battery giving you a total of 27 hours with the push of a button.
- Answered by April M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Via the Lightning connector between the case and iPhone.
- Answered by Jason P
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Does wireless charging work through this case for the iPhone 8 Plus?
- Asked by Chris S from Milton
- Flag as inappropriate Does wireless charging work through this case for the iPhone 8 Plus?
Does the Apple battery case use magnetic mounting like the charge force
- Asked by Jim A G from Ocean City
- Flag as inappropriate Does the Apple battery case use magnetic mounting like the charge force
Does this battery case fit the iPhone 8 and if so can the phone still be charged using a Qi wireless charging pad?
- Asked by Peter C from Shalvey
- Flag as inappropriate Does this battery case fit the iPhone 8 and if so can the phone still be charged using a Qi wireless charging pad?