Can this eGPU be used for high speed bignum computation?
eGPUs are often used to provide extra power and speed to computationally complex programs. Assuming the Mac has the required languages interpreters and compilers (e.g.), can this eGPU be used this way, or is it strictly designed for graphics support?
- Asked by Douglas H from Santa Fe
- Flag as inappropriate Can this eGPU be used for high speed bignum computation?
1 Answer from the Community
Of course. As clearly stated in the product's specifications, this unit has "36 discreet [sic] compute units for up to 5.5 teraflops of processing power", and can accelerate DaVinci Resolve renders by up to 700%.
- Answered by Matthew R from Santa Fe
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I use this display with a eGPU?
- Asked by Maxwell L from La Puente
- Flag as inappropriate Can I use this display with a eGPU?
eGPU Akitio Thunder 3 to MacBook Air
- Asked by Shaun J from Shailer Park
- Flag as inappropriate eGPU Akitio Thunder 3 to MacBook Air