Despite the older thunderbolts ports, can this be connected using appropriate adapters to a mini mac mid 2011?
I thought the whole concept behind an eGPU was to offload the graphics from the motherboard, thereby offering an improved graphics performance.
I fully understand that my mini mac still provides a 10Gb/s limit at the thunderbolt port connection but surely offers an option to drive newer higher resolution monitors within the confines that the eGPU can conceivably produce at that connection speed thereby offering all mac users with a backwards compatible upgrade path, even providing USB 3 if the firmware allows?
No Answers have been submitted
Be the first to answer this question. Answer now
firewire 800 to thunderbolt port or firewire daisy chain?
- Asked by Lisa K from Bronx
- Flag as inappropriate (firewire 800 to thunderbolt port or firewire daisy chain?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapt…
Does this adapter support bidirectional data transfer, want to add a sudo usb 3.0 port to my mid 2011 mac mini
- Asked by Matthew V from Rockville Centre
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter support bidirectional data transfer, want to add a sudo usb 3.0 port to my mid 2011 mac mini)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbol…