Is an external monitor mandatory in order to use the Blackmagic eGPU (as is the case with other external GPUs)?
1 Answer from the Community
I think it works with internal display and does not require external display judging from this from blackmagic design website:
"Built on revolutionary 40Gb/s Thunderbolt 3 technology, the Blackmagic eGPU connects to your computer using a single cable for both power and data. The incredible speed of Thunderbolt 3 makes it possible to transfer massive amounts of data from the computer to the Blackmagic eGPU for image processing and acceleration. "
"The Blackmagic eGPU is always ready for use, simply by plugging in the Thunderbolt 3 cable."
- Answered by Waikit T from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I use this Blackmagic eGPU Pro with my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
- Asked by Clarke S from Hoboken
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this Blackmagic eGPU Pro with my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015))
- Asked about: Blackmagic eGPU Pro
Can I use this display with a eGPU?
- Asked by Maxwell L from La Puente
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this display with a eGPU?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 5K Display
eGPU Akitio Thunder 3 to MacBook Air
- Asked by Shaun J from Shailer Park
- Flag as inappropriate (eGPU Akitio Thunder 3 to MacBook Air)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbol…