Does this work outdoors? Does it have adequate traction on grass? Does the IR datacomm between units work in sunlight? How impact-resistant is it?
1 Answer from the Community
Yes, the ball is waterproof The cover is heavy duty polycarbonate acrylic, alone, traction wouldn't be very good on grass. But this Sphero ball and the rest of the 'full size' balls can be fitted with either of two optional 'covers'. One type is nubby, and is a great benefit on multiple surfaces. The second one is the 'turbo' cover designed to get more traction, but it is more speed related than the nubby. The communication from device to the ball is through bluetooth, unaffected by sunlight. The ball is very 'sturdy' making it quite impact-resistant, but no acrylic ball can be unbreakable.
- Answered by Roland G from Manitou Springs
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does the smart key board work with IMpact clear case
- Asked by Dirkie T from Kemptonpark
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the smart key board work with IMpact clear case)
- Asked about: Tech21 Impact Clear Case for 10.5-i…
How does the completely encased bottom impact microphone and speaker performance?
- Asked by Doug K from Pahrump
- Flag as inappropriate (How does the completely encased bottom impact microphone and speaker performance?)
- Asked about: iPhone XS Max Smart Battery Case - …