What does it mean by "compatible with Thunderbolt 3 with adapter"?
Can I connect it to the new Apple Macbook Air 13" (2018) model to use Thunderbolt 3 speeds with the supplied USB-C cable? If not what additional cable will be required to connect it to the 2018 Macbook Air for Thunderbolt 3 compatibility?
1 Answer from the Community
It’s not clear at all on the advert, I have 2 of these drives and the USB-C cable provided is not Thunderbolt 3 compatible, it basically means that it is Thunderbolt 3 ready if you buy thunderbolt 3 cables to go with it - I purchased a couple of 0.8m Thunderbolt 3 cables from Apple but have never measured the speed! Hope this helps.
- Answered by David P
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does the "Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter" work together with the "Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter"?
- Asked by Christian K
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the "Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter" work together with the "Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter"?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbol…
does this work for a Thunderbolt 3?
- Asked by Julia B from Macomb
- Flag as inappropriate (does this work for a Thunderbolt 3?)
- Asked about: Belkin 4K Mini DisplayPort to HDMI …