What is the difference between this and the apple pencil?
- Asked by Melissa M from Monrovia
- Flag as inappropriate What is the difference between this and the apple pencil?
2 Answers from the Community
First off, aside from the differences listed below, this is most comparable to the first-generation Apple Pencil. It shares none of the new features of the second generation Apple Pencil. The biggest differences are that the Crayon has a shorter battery life and lacks pressure sensitivity. Also different, the first generation Apple Pencil charges via a lighting connector that plugs directly into the lighting port on the iPad whereas the Crayon has a standard lighting port and thus charges via a standard lighting cable (not included). The first generation Apple Pencil's lighting connector is hidden behind an easily losable cap. The Crayon's lightning port is hidden behind a connected rubber "flap".
- Answered by David C from Iselin
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The Apple pencil is pressure sensitive. It will make darker, thicker lines with greater pressure. This is useful for sketching and design. However, if all you want to do is take notes, you really don't need that feature. Think of this like a pen and the Apple pencil like a fine paint brush or a sketching pencil.
- Answered by John L from Naperville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
What is the difference between classic & premium?
- Asked by Nayeli C from Houston
- Flag as inappropriate What is the difference between classic & premium?
what is the difference between a wirless and not wirless case for airpods
- Asked by Jocelynn H from Philadelphia
- Flag as inappropriate what is the difference between a wirless and not wirless case for airpods
what is the difference between the hi and w1 chip
- Asked by Connor V from Ellicott City
- Flag as inappropriate what is the difference between the hi and w1 chip