Can this be put on a dogs collar for tracking?
- Asked by fn from North Cape May
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be put on a dogs collar for tracking?)
1 Answer from the Community
Yes, they can be put on anything. However, the location is only updated when the device encounters another mobile device with the Tile app installed and running (required for location tracking of a tile). The app doesn't have to be loaded with "your" tile, just running the tile app. In the background the app sends a location to tile servers of the device it encountered and it's location. I have used it when I lost my keys at work, and thought I had left them in the bathroom. I opened my tile and followed the path to the supervisor and asked if they had found a set of keys (I described them) and they said "oh yes, I was going to take them to security." The tile app also lets you activate a tune to play from the tile if you are in range of bluetooth. (helpful if keys etc have been placed under something something... mail, seat cushion, etc. The place where it wouldn't be much use is in a wooded area or field where it would not be likely to encounter another mobile device running the tile app.
- Answered by Jim T from Oakland Park
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is the camera pet friendly
- Asked by Ron K from Seventeen Mile Rocks
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the camera pet friendly)
- Asked about: D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD Camera
hi can these trackers be used for luggage or for tracking shipments?
- Asked by Monica A from Benton
- Flag as inappropriate (hi can these trackers be used for luggage or for tracking shipments?)
- Asked about: Tile Mate Bluetooth Tracker 2018 (4…
Can I track my vehicle with Tile Mate?
- Asked by Dennis W from Cape Coral
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I track my vehicle with Tile Mate?)
- Asked about: Tile Mate & Slim Bluetooth Trackers…
No answers yet