What is the drive spec......read/write
- Asked by fn from Burbank
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the drive spec......read/write)
1 Answer from the Community
~140MBytes/s read & write.
(I have the 5TB space grey one, and tested with Blackmagic Speed Test; other sizes will be the same, BTW.)
All USB 3 single drive portable (non-SSD) spinning HDD's, using either USB-A or USB-C, at 5Gbit or 10Gbit connections will feature similar maximum speeds when empty. Towards the end, as they fill to around 70-80% data stored on them, they typically lose some speed, so when only ~20% left they'll normally slow a bit.
If you need higher speeds in this form factor (say ~500MBytes read/writes) you'll need a portable SSD of some sort, handily including the SSD versions of this LaCie model, though at significantly higher cost, of course.
Whichever type you get; all these early-2019 LaCie 'Mobile Drive' models look nice, though!
- Answered by James S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
What is the drive offset value
- Asked by Peter M from Nailsea
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the drive offset value)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
No answers yet
Can this cable be used with external hard drives, if so what drives?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this cable be used with external hard drives, if so what drives?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2m) - Whit…