Can I use this display with a eGPU?
- Asked by Maxwell L from La Puente
- Flag as inappropriate Can I use this display with a eGPU?
2 Answers from the Community
This display only supports a Thunderbolt input. To use with an eGPU other than the BlackMagic will require a DisplayPort to Thunderbolt adapter. I have not been able to confirm, if I can use Apple's USB-C Digital AV Multiport adapter in reverse. My guess is no b/c the USB-C side is not Thunderbolt or if it works would only support the iPad Pro resolution of 3840x2160 at 60Hz. I have not been able to confirm, it I would need to run 2 DisplayPort cables (to support 5K) out of the eGPU graphic's card to a Sonnet Thunderbolt to Dual DisplayPort adapter in reverse.
- Answered by Stephen L from Harleysville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
- Answered by Holly P
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
eGPU Akitio Thunder 3 to MacBook Air
- Asked by Shaun J from Shailer Park
- Flag as inappropriate eGPU Akitio Thunder 3 to MacBook Air
Can I use this with iPhone 8+ to display on 4K tv?
- Asked by Kenny M from Gardena
- Flag as inappropriate Can I use this with iPhone 8+ to display on 4K tv?