Can you connect wired headphones or external speakers to the monitor? It doesn't appear to have a 3.5mm jack connection anywhere.
I've bought a USB-C to 3.5mm jack adapter, but I don't seem to be getting any output through the external speakers I've connected. Audio keeps coming out of the monitor only
2 Answers from the Community
I used the USB-C to 3.5mm adapter and it works for a short time as "Line" via the Sound menu in System Preferences, but never stays there for long. It'll work for about 30 minutes and then stop, reverting to the monitor speakers. I've found the only way to keep a steady connection is to plug directly into the Macbook itself. Not ideal but it works.
- Answered by Gerald H from Rockville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No. If you want to connect the sound to an external device, you need to plug it into the computer.
- Answered by Conley D from Portland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can I attach a 3.5 mm jack to it and use it like wired headphones?
- Asked by Joydeep S from Kolkata
- Flag as inappropriate Can I attach a 3.5 mm jack to it and use it like wired headphones?
3.5mm jack and beats solo pro??? Do they work wired?
- Asked by Mike H
- Flag as inappropriate 3.5mm jack and beats solo pro??? Do they work wired?